WHAT’S IT ALL ABOUT?
Employing people can be the greatest joy for any business owner. Or the biggest headache. Knowing what to do, and what not to do, can make all the difference. This fast-paced, entertaining, informative and interactive workshop will help. You will leave more knowledgeable, clearer about what you should and shouldn’t do, and with the confidence to manage your people positively.
WHAT WILL YOU LEARN?
- 7 Guiding Principles which will help you and your managers to get the best out of your people.
- Some of the common pitfalls that people managers face.
- What success can look like.
- Some of the funny things that happen when you employ people.
- How to best protect your business in a positive way.
MEET THE HOST
Ian Pilbeam heads up the HR Dept team based in Edinburgh. With over 30 years HR experience, Ian has a wealth of experience in helping businesses to ensure success through their people, be legally compliant and handle tricky people issues. As a business owner himself, Ian understands the challenges that come with running and growing a business. He is known for his ability to explain complex concepts simply and to make learning fun and enjoyable.
The HR Dept provides outsourced HR and Health & Safety services to local businesses providing business owners with the peace of mind that they are doing the right things well, developing their team and protecting their investment.