COVID Safety Policies at the Awards
We are prioritising safety at our Awards Dinner and are working hard to ensure that all of our guests can have a safe and enjoyable evening. For that reason, you should expect to wear a mask at times and you’ll see extra sanitation during the event. Other measures may be announced up to and including the day of the event, should there be any updated Government guidance or events industry best practices. As this is a private event, we will not require proof of vaccine passports as per Government guidance.
Our safety policies at the event are as follows:
It is mandatory that all attendees take a lateral flow test (LFT) a maximum of 48 hours prior to 6:45pm on Friday 5th. Once you have reported your LFT result , you will receive a text message from NHS Scotland which we will use as proof of a negative test result.
We regret that anyone who is not able to show text message proof of a negative test result will be refused entry to the Awards Dinner under any circumstances. If you are hosting a table or half table, please ensure that you share this page or the document receive via email with your guests to make them aware of this policy.
- All attendees will be asked to check-in using the Test & Protect QR codes at the venue entrance.
- All attendees will be required to wear a mask when not eating or drinking, excluding people who are medically exempt. If you are medically exempt, please don’t be offended if you are asked to provide proof of this.
You will be required to wear a mask when:
- Entering the hotel.
- Entering the Drinks reception area.
- When leaving your table for any reason ie to speak to people at another table, to go to the toilets.
- If you are an Award winner, sponsor or speaker and are invited to the stage (your mask can be removed once you are on the stage.
- If you are a raffle prize winner to collect your item.
- When the bar opens and you are ordering drinks.
- Walking to the dancefloor.
You will NOT be required to wear a mask when:
- You have a drink in your hand at the Drinks Reception.
- Seated at your table.
- You are on the dancefloor.
Please note that additional drinks orders will be table service during the dinner up until the DJ starts playing. Once the DJ has started, the bar in the main room will open.
All WeDO Scotland staff will be wearing masks during the event whilst circulating around the tables.
The Kimpton Charlotte Square have increased sanitation, so there will be:
- Increased frequency of cleaning and sanitising all high touchpoints.
- Hand sanitising units are available throughout the venue at key locations.
- Air handling units to prevent any recirculation of air and only supply fresh air.
- Toilets will be checked and cleaned on an increased basis throughout the event.
LATERAL FLOW TEST GUIDANCE
ORDER RAPID LFT TESTS TO YOUR HOME
You can order LFT tests to be sent your home.
Your order will contain one pack of seven LFD tests. It’ll be delivered to your home in one to two days. You can order one pack per household per day.
If you’re ordering for another household as well as your own, you should:
- complete a separate order
- use their personal details
If you cannot place an order online, phone 119.
COLLECT RAPID LFT TESTS FROM YOUR NEAREST CORONAVIRUS TEST SITE
You can collect up to two packs of seven tests per household, or up to four packs of seven tests if you’re collecting for multiple people.
You can collect from coronavirus test sites between 8am and 8pm. You do not need to book an appointment.
COLLECT RAPID LFT TESTS FROM YOUR NEAREST PHARMACY
You can collect one pack of seven LFT tests per person. If you’re collecting for a household, you can collect one pack for each household member.
You do not need to book an appointment, but you should check opening times.
TAKE YOUR TEST ON SITE
You may be able to visit a community asymptomatic test site if they are available in your area. You can get tested at one of these sites if you do not have coronavirus symptoms.
REPORTING YOUR RESULT
Your LFT test is not complete until you report your result online or by phone, and you receive a result confirmation notification.
On the day an LFT test is taken you should report your result online.
You must report your test result, whether the result is positive negative or void.
To report your result you will need the following:
- the QR code or ID number printed on the test strip (the part of the kit that shows your result).
- a mobile phone number so you receive a text to confirm your result has been received which will be used as proof of a negative test.
Please note that you cannot report a result after more than 24 hours and you can only report one result at a time.
If you have any queries regarding the policies, please email us on [email protected]