WeDO is one of Scotland’s most exclusive support and networking organisations for entrepreneurs. Membership is usually by invitation or referral however entrepreneurs can apply by clicking HERE. Membership is subject to approval by our Executive Team. With an ethos of sharing knowledge, ideas and experiences, we support our members by facilitating introductions, giving guidance and help to facilitate business growth and organising relevant topic and discussion based events.
We are not a traditional ‘networking’ group and do not subscribe to the common view that networking is about gathering as many business cards as possible and selling to people we connect with. Our view, and that of our members, is that by meeting like-minded individuals we can build long-term and trusted relationships in an environment driven by the desire to succeed whilst helping Scottish entrepreneurs to grow their businesses.
“Creating and growing new business is vital to boosting the UK’s economy – helping to increase jobs, security and prosperity. WeDO Scotland is doing a fantastic job in bringing together entrepreneurs to share ideas, advice and inspiration. Their dedication to helping Scottish businesses work together to develop and thrive is really impressive.” Lord Dunlop, UK Government Minister for Scotland
“On a wider level, the Scottish Government recognises that the work that organisations like WeDO provide a number of opportunities to businesses. To mix & mingle, to learn from each other, perhaps some of them to give business to each other & to network.” Fergus Ewing MSP & former Minister for Energy, Enterprise & Tourism.
Benefits to Members
- Access to our extensive and relevant contacts who are able to support and help with business growth including Scottish Enterprise, Scottish Development International, Linc Scotland, Angels Smarta, the School for CEOs, Pitch@Palace & many others.
- WeDO Scotland App, the first of its’ kind in the UK which is available to download in the iTunes store and on Google Play. Members can email and call one another directly from the App and visit members websites as well as book tickets directly for our Events. The Forum area provides a platform for interactive discussions amongst the members including asking for advice or help, identifying providers of products & services, promoting their own events and more.
- Ongoing support with introductions as & when applicable to like-minded individuals & those with whom we can build relationships and potentially do business with directly or indirectly.
- Actively promoting our members businesses via our website by sharing relevant blogs & press releases (subject to approval).
- Supporting our members social media activities via our social media platforms including LinkedIn, Twitter and Facebook by sharing selected posts with our online communities. Members tweets are retweeted and our blog posts are shared via all our social media platforms.
- Potential opportunities for members to share their expertise by speaking at our events which are promoted to all members on our website and event booking pages with web links to members LinkedIn profiles and company websites (subject to experience, knowledge, relevance & approval by our Executive team.)
- Active sharing of member news and updates via our blog .
- Members from a wide variety of industry sectors ranging from new start businesses with high growth potential to turnover of £75 million.
- Over 430 members in our LinkedIn group enabling members to share news and participate in discussions.
- Members ages range from 19 to 67.
- 40% of our members are female.
- Hosting 24 events for entrepreneurs per annum including our flagship events – our Annual Conference & our Annual Awards Ceremony & Dinner.
- Key influencers in the Scottish entrepreneurial community & recognised in the Scottish Entrepreneurial Ecosystem.
- Official Partner in the Scottish Government’s CAN DO initiative & Assembly, collaborating with Scotland’s leading partners from the public, private & third sector organisations towards achieving Scotland’s goal to be a world-leading entrepreneurial & innovative nation.
- Annual Global Entrepreneurship Week partner promoting entrepreneurialism around the world.
- Outstanding network of Scottish entrepreneurs and speakers.
- Contributors to Centre for Cities Small Business Outlook 2014 research report.
- In excess of 4,600 followers on Twitter whilst only following 280, average weekly reach of 250,000.
- 70% above average engagement on our Facebook page with an average weekly reach of 4,300.
- Mobile App launched in November 2013, the first of its kind for any entrepreneurial support and collaboration organisation in Scotland.
- Hosted the first collaborative event with Scottish Development International and Santander to promote best practise for and share expertise with international Scottish businesses in January 2015.
If you are interested in finding out more, please complete our online Application Form.
What Our Members Say
“I have had the pleasure of being a member of WeDO for a few years now. I cannot emphasise enough how much being part of this organisation has helped me and my business. Their ability to allow one to meet with and speak to like-minded business people from across the country is second to none.”
“WeDO has transformed my business. Personally I have learnt so much from the members and Executive team who are hugely generous with their knowledge and contacts. Introductions have all been interesting and relevant; you are given so much insight into your business.”
“WeDO really does what it says on the tin. Helps us to develop & grow our company by introducing us to like-minded people who run their businesses with integrity. Highly recommended.”
Our Voice in Scotland
We were delighted to have been given the opportunity to give evidence to the Scottish Government’s Economy, Energy and Tourism Committee on their 2014-15 draft budget in September 2013. WeDO Founder, Belinda Roberts joined John Anderson, former CEO of the Entrepreneurial Exchange and Professor Sara Carter from the Hunter Centre for Entrepreneurship at the Scottish Parliament. They answered questions and shared their opinions about the SME community in Scotland with 13 MSPs.
We are now engaged in regular conversations and dialogue with the Scottish Government and welcome the opportunities they are affording us to share the views, opinions and experiences of our members.
Scottish Parliament: www.scottish.parliament.uk/parliamentarybusiness/BusinessBulletin/67120.aspx
Scottish Parliament: www.scottish.parliament.uk/parliamentarybusiness/CurrentCommittees/70879.aspx
Scottish Parliament: www.scottishparliament.tv/category.aspx?id=13&sort=date&page=44&vid=0_3w4jbfpg