- November Glasgow Masterclass
November 7, 2018
3:30 pm - 5:30 pm
**MEMBERS ONLY EVENT **
This is the fifth Masterclass in our 2018 series following the cycle of a business. Would you like to sell your business in the future? Making the right strategic decisions will ensure you achieve the highest possible valuation for your company. Following on from our recent Masterclass with Brian Williamson where we looked at how to secure eye-watering returns for selling a business, this workshop will focus on the practicalities and efficiencies you should be considering to prepare your business for exit – either in the near future or further down the line. As always, this will be an interactive session with plenty of round-table discussions and the opportunity to ask questions.
Additionally, on the 29th of October, the Chancellor announced the Autumn budget but what does this mean for you personally and for your business? Experts from the Mazars Tax team will be sharing with us the key changes i and its implications for you and your business.
WHAT WILL BE COVERED:
- Preparing your business for sale – key considerations.
- Exiting your business – available options and identifying potential buyers.
- Value enhancers and red line issues.
- Managing working capital to increase proceeds
- Maximising your return on exit in a tax efficient way.
- Snapshot of key implications of the 2018 Budget for you & your business.
WHAT WILL ATTENDEES LEARN:
- How to increase shareholder value in preparation for sale.
- Finding a buyer – what options are available & what’s the best route to take?
- Exit proceeds – structure and price adjusters
- Tax considerations when planning ahead for exit – what are the options and implications?
How to take advantage of or defend against changes in The Budget including:
- Tax efficient profit extraction.
- Entrepreneur relief.
- R & D tax relief.
- Capital allowances.
- Tax planning opportunities.
Jennifer is a Director within the corporate tax team at Mazars. She is a Chartered Accountant and ICAS Tax Professional with significant experience of dealing with a broad range of clients across different industries, from start-ups to well established businesses. She is able to provide proactive tax advice including advising clients on the restructuring of their business, share incentive plans, profit extraction and ensuring ongoing liabilities are minimised, for example, through securing R&D and capital allowances tax relief.
Sean is a Senior Manager in the tax advisory team at Mazars providing tax advice to families, entrepreneurs, trustees and partners. Sean’s experience has given him a comprehensive understanding of income, capital gains and inheritance taxation and their interaction through trusts and other vehicles. He is a member of the Chartered Institute of Taxation, the Association of Taxation Technicians and the Society of Trust and Estate Practitioners.
Paul is a Senior Manager in Mazars Deal Advisory team. He advises on a wide range of corporate transactions including company sales, management buy-outs, corporate acquisitions and capital raising. He has extensive experience of acting for business owners in a sale process and is able to advise on the most appropriate exit options, implement effective value realisation strategies and understand the commercial and financial factors that impact on a transaction. He is a member of the Institute of Chartered Accountants Scotland.
With thanks to our Masterclass sponsors: