February Glasgow Networking Breakfast – Sheila Hogan of Biscuit Tin
9 February 2023
8:30 am - 10:00 am
Our Networking Breakfasts launched in February 2022 and are a key monthly event in the Scottish business calendar, taking place in both Glasgow and Edinburgh. They are open events where both members of WeDO and non-members are welcome. Offering a fantastic opportunity to spend a full hour networking, we alternate each month between an entrepreneurial speaker who will share their journey (including challenges faced – no rose tinted glasses overviews!) and topic based, where the speaker will share their expertise and tips on a specific subject. Places are limited to 50 to enable effective networking and are allocated on a first come first served basis. Please note that tickets must be booked in advance and will not be available on the door.
This month, we are delighted to be welcoming Sheila Hogan of Biscuit Tin who is joining us at both our Glasgow and Edinburgh breakfasts. Sheila has a fantastic journey to share from appearing on Dragon’s Den to raising investment and most recently launching her first crowdfunding campaign. A real entrepreneurial dynamo, you won’t want to miss hearing Sheila’s story!
- Appearing on BBC Dragon’s Den.
- Securing £330,000 of backing from Velocity Capital, Scottish Enterprise and a private investor.
- Travelling to Silicon Valley with StartUp Grind as one of Scotland’s top twenty high growth potential tech companies.
- Partnered with Scottish Building Society and the UK’s no. 1 equity release advisory, Age Partnership.
- Awarded as Business of the Year by the Association of Scottish Businesswomen.,
- One of 12 companies chosen from across Scotland to compete in UK-wide TechNation Rising Stars 5.0
- Shortlisted from over 5,300 business leaders as a finalist for the Start-Up Founder of the Year Award in the Great British Entrepreneur Awards.
- Ranked number three in TechRound’s top 100 Tech companies of 2022.
Anyone with an interest in business who is looking for an enjoyable networking event! Unlike many speaker events, there is a full hour allocated to networking.
The ticket price of £20 + VAT for members and £25 + VAT for non-members. The ticket price includes tea/coffee and a bacon roll or pastries. Please select your choice when booking your ticket.
A VAT invoice will be issued once you have booked your ticket. Please note that ticket sales end at noon on Tuesday 7th February.
Tickets can be cancelled and refunded by emailing [email protected] We regret that any tickets cancelled after 12 noon on Thursday 2nd February will not be applicable for refunds for any reason. Tickets can be transferred to a different name until Tuesday 7th February at 5pm by emailing [email protected]
To be added to the mailing list for future Networking Breakfasts, please sign up below
To view other events we’re hosting, click HERE.
Venue: 63rd+1st Glasgow
Venue Phone: 0330 460 5587
Venue Website: https://www.63rdand1st.co.uk/our-restaurants/glasgowAddress: