- January 31, 2018
4:00 pm - 6:00 pm
There’s been so much scaremongering about GDPR and this masterclass will give our members an uncomplicated guide to what the new regulations are, what their impact is likely to be and how to ensure your business complies. Additionally, we want to give you the opportunity to ask your questions to an expert. We are delighted that Lorraine Mills from NVT Group will be presenting this masterclass and sharing her extensive expertise in GDPR with us. With a career spanning 10 years in IT and 11 years teaching, Lorraine has recently completed a Masters in Security & Digital Forensics and has critical knowledge within cyber security – both defensive and offensive, post incident response and digital forensics.
GDPR regulations are enforced across Europe including the UK on 25th May 2018.
WHO DOES IT AFFECT?
- Although an EU law, it will be retained as UK law post-Brexit.
- Any business holding data on customers, prospects or employees.
- Fines for non-compliance up to €20m or 4% of global annual turnover.
- Anyone can report a company for breach of the legislation.
WHAT SHOULD YOU BE DOING?
The rules are very complex, but there’s no need to be overwhelmed by them, this masterclass will help you to understand all aspects of GDPR to ensure you avoid the fines for non-compliance. Tasks you should be doing include:
- Carrying out an information audit & maintaining records of how you process information.
- Reviewing current privacy info & checking procedures covering individuals rights.
- Revising your access request processes where applicable.
- Creating processing & documenting data systems, updating privacy notice.
- Reviewing how you seek, record & manage consent & ensuring procedures are in place to detect, report & investigate a data breach.
- Identifying someone to take responsibility for data protection compliance.
- Training your staff to ensure they understand the regulations.