- November Edinburgh Masterclass
November 28, 2018
3:30 pm - 5:30 pm
**MEMBERS ONLY EVENT **
The latest statistics from LinkedIn in September 2018 reveal that it has 562 million users globally with 2 new members joining every second. It also highlighted that 61 million Linkedin users are senior level influencers and 40 million users are in decision-making positions. LinkedIn is an incredibly valuable tool for networking and business development and knowing how to use it maximise effectiveness is a key ingredient to success. As an entrepreneur and business leader, it’s essential to be engaged and well-connected to optimise your online presence.
LinkedIn was radically overhauled in February 2017 under new owners Microsoft, and since then, new functionality is being added on a regular basis. This workshop is designed to bring you up to speed with all the tools available to you to turbo-charge your LinkedIn profile and build brand you.
As always, this will be an interactive session with plenty of round-table discussions and the opportunity to ask questions. Attendees should bring a laptop with them as the session will entail working ‘live’ on LinkedIn. Each attendee at this workshop will be given a complementary, personalised report on their LinkedIn profile with recommendations of improvements.
WHAT WILL BE COVERED:
- Overview of the key features & functionality of LinkedIn personal profiles.
- Creating an All Star profile.
- Building your personal brand on LinkedIn.
- Engaging with your audience.
- Sharing relevant & interesting content.
- LinkedIn etiquette.
- Promoting your business via your personal profile.
- Using hashtags to build your followers & increase visibility.
- Giving & receiving recommendations.
WHAT WILL ATTENDEES LEARN:
- How to enhance your profile & maximise opportunities.
- How to grow your network of connections.
- How to strengthen relationships on LinkedIn.
- How to demonstrate your knowledge & expertise.
- How to build your brand as an ‘influencer’ and ‘go to’ expert.
- How to engage with your network and the right audiences.
- How to write compelling articles.
- How to adjust your settings to reduce spam & receive communications of interest to you.
- How to use LinkedIn search as a business development tool.
Belinda Roberts is the Founder of WeDO Scotland and the co-author of ‘21st Century Networking’. An early adoptee of LinkedIn, she has long been an advocate of the opportunities presented by the platform to grow your network as well as building your personal online brand. With over 20 years training & coaching experience, Belinda’s knowledge sharing is hallmarked by interactive, relevant and results-driven sessions with ample opportunity to gain knowledge through ‘doing’ and participating rather than just listening.
“Belinda not only knows the detailed workings of LinkedIn, but can transfer this knowledge in an extremely personable, hands-on way. It was really beneficial to be able to put some of her ideas into action during the “live” session.”
“I attended a LinkedIn session run by Belinda and was immediately impressed by her depth of knowledge on the subject. Her recommendations on improving my LinkedIn profile have been enormously beneficial to me. I would highly recommend her to anyone wanting to increase their visibility on LinkedIn and wanting to make genuine connections that are useful to them and their business.”
“Our small, focused session was characterised by excellent handouts, a supportive atmosphere among the other participants, and personalised recommendations from Belinda, who has a great intuitive sense about LinkedIn and what works there.”
With thanks to our Masterclass sponsors: